- Name: Seungyeon Baek
- Hometown: Seoul, South Korea
- Year in the program: First year
- Research Interests: My research interests include cognitive system engineering, UX/ UI and VR. I am interested in memory-based mental health.
- Career Aspirations: I want to continue researching the human factors.
- Fun Fact: I learned art for 11 years and prepared art school.
- Advice to younger students: If you are faced with something intimidating, don’t avoid it. Many things in the world are not as big as they seem.
Name: Marissa Tharp
Hometown: Dayton, Ohio
Year: First year
Research interests: Factors affecting performance in a laparoscopic environment
Career aspiration: Work in industry as a UX research (ideally with a medical company)
Fun Fact: I was a pole vaulter in high school
Advice to younger students: These are three points of advice that I have found to ring true all throughout my academic journey:
Our members were able to attend two Psi Chi collaborations last months to talk about human factors as well as our student chapter and how to get involved. This was a great opportunity to bring awareness about our field and answer any questions that students had. We are hoping that this will attract more members to the chapter, our labs, and the field as a whole.
In addition, Psi Chi hosted a Research Lab Night on November 30th, in which 9 research labs in the Psychology department were briefly introduced. Students then had the opportunity to ask questions about the labs, potential undergraduate research positions, and graduate school in general.
Thank you to all of the organizers and students who came out to participate!
The Texas Tech HFES Student Chapter went to Baltimore for HFES 2021 and had a blast! Here are some of our highlights:
Don't Get Caught Out of the Loop!